WordPress Paged Comments Plugin

This plugin is no longer being developed. WordPress has had paged comments support in the core since version 2.7. The comment paging you see here is using WordPress’s built-in code and not my plugin.

Paged Comments is a plugin for WordPress to allow comment paging. Useful for those popular blog entries receiving many comments, or a simple guestbook page within WordPress.

Features

• Comment ordering: show latest comments first, or last
  • Specify number of comments to display per page
  • Enable paging for all posts and pages, or on a per-post basis
  • Give users the choice to view all comments on one page with a ‘show all’ link
  • Specify the first or last page of comments to load by default
  • See paged-comments-config-sample.php for more

Download — Latest Version

Installation (for WordPress 2.3 up to 2.7)

If you’re upgrading from a previous version, skip these installation steps and read the upgrade steps. Note: WordPress’ automatic upgrade feature will erase the plugin’s config file. If you’re going to use it, make sure you backup your paged-comments-config.php file first.

1. Download and extract plugin files to a folder locally.
  2. Read through and edit paged-comments-config-sample.php to configure, then save the file as paged-comments-config.php.
  3. Upload the whole paged-comments directory to /wp-content/plugins/. The plugin files should now be in /wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/.
  4. Enable the plugin through the WordPress admin interface. That’s it!

Optional Steps

• WP 2.7 users: If use_wp_config is set to true (default), you can make changes to the plugin config using the WP admin interface. Go to Settings > Discussion and look under ‘Other comment settings’.
  • To customise the template to work better with your theme: Open the plugin’s themes folder and find the subfolder corresponding to the WordPress theme you’d like paged comments enabled on (or if your theme isn’t listed, choose the ‘default’ folder). Upload comments-paged.php to the appropriate WordPress theme folder (found in [wordpress]/wp-content/themes/).

For example, if you’re using the default WordPress theme, copy [paged-comments-plugin]/themes/default/comments-paged.php to [wordpress]/wp-content/themes/default/. (The plugin always tries to load comments-paged.php from your active theme folder first.)

Make any modifications to comments-paged.php. The file is based on the comments.php file, so if your theme is very different it might be easier to copy in the necessary elements from paged-comments.php. View the diff report to see what you need to change.

Examples of Use

The comments on this page are handled by the plugin, but it’s also used by the following sites:

Questions?

Paid Support

If you run a commercial site and you’re having difficulty setting up paged comments, I offer paid support. Feel free to get in touch: keyvan (at) k1m.com

1. Posted 18 June 2005 at 2:56 am | Permalink

Excellant plugin! I have a post that has over 500 comments and is such a pain on my server when it loads. This plugin has helped me out so much :)

2. Posted 23 June 2005 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Great plugin, thanks a lot for your work!

3. Posted 29 June 2005 at 11:55 am | Permalink

thanx!

4. Posted 11 July 2005 at 10:36 am | Permalink

I’m afraid I’m pretty computer-illiterate. I installed this plug-in, and it’s working great; except that where I used to have numbered comments, since I installed this plug-in there’s a bullet and then a number. Also, the bullet and number now appear above the comment, rather than to the side of the comment as on a normal html ordered list.

If you could suggest what I could do to use your plug-in, but also to get rid of the bullet and put the number back on the same level as the start of the comment, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

5. Posted 20 July 2005 at 12:35 am | Permalink

I’m a little lost here…I’m using wp 1.5.1.3 and I’m looking in the comments template for my theme…but I can’t figure out where I’m supposed to replace the code. I didn’t find anything like “comments_template()” in the file…where am I supposed to make the change? :\

Also, how would I use this as a guestbook?

Thanks.

6. Posted 20 July 2005 at 3:04 am | Permalink

Hi Steph,

You shouldn’t be editing the comments template itself, simply pointing to the alternative comments template (wp-paged-comments.php) provided with the plugin.

You should have a folder called themes within the wp-content folder of your WordPress (WP) installation. Inside you’ll see further folders with names corresponding to the themes available to your WP site. Find the theme currently active on your site and inside the folder you’ll find the template files you’ll need to edit. These differ from theme to theme, some themes include single.php or page.php template files which you should edit, but if you can’t see these you should open all the PHP files within your theme folder and search for the comments_template() method call. Replace every instance of the method call as described in step 5 of the installation instructions.

The alternative comments template you’ll be pointing to (wp-paged-comments.php) is based on comments.php from WP’s default theme. This shouldn’t be a problem as it only contains minimal HTML, but if the theme you’re using is heavily customised you might want to edit this file to resemble your theme’s own comments template.

Creating a guestbook page is simply a matter of creating a WP page like any other (but with comments enabled) and designating it the guestbook within your site. You don’t even need this plugin if you’re happy having all your guestbook entries (ie. comments associated with your ‘guestbook’ page) appearing on a single page.
    If, however, your guestbook grows to hundreds or thousands of entries, you may not want to deluge visitors with everything on one page (bandwidth costs may also be a concern here), instead you have the option of enabling this plugin and serving up comments in smaller chunks.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get along.

7. Posted 20 July 2005 at 3:34 am | Permalink

I found the call in the main template page, but yeah I’m not using the default theme, I’m using a customized version of Rin. The comments template looks to be quite modified from the default template, I think it would be too confusing and too much work for me to get it to match (afraid I’d FUBAR the whole thing). >_

8. stephen
    Posted 3 August 2005 at 2:37 am | Permalink

I inserted the code, but all I see is my comments being numbered above the comment. I’m not seeing the numbers at the bottom and so on. I have not modified the code of the template at all- fresh out of the box. And when I get the plugin working, how do I set a limit on how many comments I want on a page? Do I have to modify the wp-paged comments.php? I’m using the falling leaves template, and I replaced the comment_template() code in the index.php page and the single.php page.

Thanks for the help

9. Anonymous
    Posted 4 August 2005 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Nice work chief ;-)

10. Posted 9 August 2005 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

very nice plugin for wordpress!
    i have translate your wp-paged-comments.php in german, for default german theme.

Link: http://www.bueltge.de/wp-content/download/wp/wp-paged-comments.php.txt

With best regards!

11. Posted 12 August 2005 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    beautiful plug-in but would it be possible to have comments only in the first paged one, the one with the article body and NO article body text in the following pages?

example:
    includes the article plus the first 10 comments
    while
    includes ONLY the following 10 comments with NO article and possible a link the the former page.

Many thanks.
    Massimo.

12. Posted 13 August 2005 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Ampersand and Stephen:
    To alter the style of the comments you’ll have to fiddle with the CSS.

Here’s the CSS snippet for comments I use on my own site:

#commentlist {
        font-size: 1.7em;
        font-weight: bold;
        font-family: arial;
        padding: .15em;
        color: #aaa;
    }

You’ll probably have to alter this to suit your own site, but I hope you find it helpful. The last CSS rule on div.comment-number specifies where the comment number will appear.

To set a limit on the number of comments appearing on each page you’ll have to modify the paged-comments.php file and alter the line with the per_page value: $paged_comments->per_page = 10;

Frank:
    Thank you! I’ve added a link on this page to your translated German version.

Massimo:
    A very simple solution can be found here. The last solution on that page is implemented on the site.

13. Posted 5 September 2005 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Thanks, very useful. I modified it a little to display the last comments at the bottom of the page, but still sorting the pages from last to first.

14. Posted 5 September 2005 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Hi
    Somethings really wierd here… or? i’m creating a static page with comments enabled but it doesnt show any commentfields or textboxes at all…? I have Random_Image as theme.

am i wrong? shouldnt i just write/create a page and allow comments?

15. Posted 5 September 2005 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

The page template within the default WordPress theme (and probabaly other themes) doesn’t include the code required for comments to be left and viewed. WordPress is, however, capable of linking comments to pages in addition to regular posts. Look in the theme folder and you’ll probabaly find a page.php file (the template for WordPress pages). If you edit this file and copy over the line(s) of code that calls comments_template() you’ll find comments will work within pages too.

16. Posted 12 September 2005 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

You wrote:
    “Some themes (for example, K2) include a page template and a “page with comments” template. This gives you the option of selecting the appropriate template within WordPress when creating a new page.”

In my template i dont have that option. I still havent figured this out. I can see my wp-paged-comments.php in the theme editor but when i create a new page i have only the link and archive page but in in the “Custom Fields” where i can “Add a new custom field to this post” there i can see the wp-page-template. but i cant do anything with it.

I have set the Comments per page to 5 and the Page range to 5 and i have 11 comments in my “guestbook”. but it doesnt show any comments per page. i thought it worked but it didnt.

I have copy over the “comments_template()” with ”
    ” and i did it on the the single.php.

thanks

17. Posted 14 September 2005 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Hi, Thank you very much for the great work.

One Question is left: at my site the counting is some kind of weird. For example when i have 11 commments on the post, there is only the 11th displayd. But it should show 10 on the “Page 2″ and only 1 on page “1”.

Because now, the one who posts the 11th comment ist the one and ondly visible comment without clicking further.

Can i solve that somwhere in the config?
    Regards Sandro

18. Posted 17 September 2005 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Martin, I’m not quite sure where you’re going wrong. You can ignore my comment about themes providing a comment-enabled template for the time being (that doesn’t affect the installation procedure nor the plugin’s operation). If you’re prepared to start again, I’d recommend you download the latest version of the plugin (version 2) and follow the updated installation instructions. If you’re still having problems, or if you feel my installation steps are too vague, please post again with more information and I’ll do my best to help.

19. Posted 17 September 2005 at 1:28 am | Permalink

Sandro, the behaviour you describe is the result of a conscious decision to “fix” each comment to its associated comment page. It is deliberately implemented this way to prevent comments from shifting from page to page when new ones get added. (It also ensures comments appear on the same comment page regardless of page order.) One issue that would arise if the plugin behaved in the way you describe is that of invalid comment permalinks. Some people like to have permalinks to comments, but if a comment can shift from page 2 to page 1, it makes it difficult to pin the comment down to one URL. Even the current implementation leaves a lot to be desired. (For example, comments deleted from the admin interface will cause shifts.)

Having said that, I realise many people aren’t too fussed about the permalinks issue, and would rather see the latest 10 or so comments when viewing an entry. So I will try and add an option for enabling the behaviour you describe. I’ll let you know when it’s done.

20. Posted 1 October 2005 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Thank you!

21. wonny
    Posted 13 October 2005 at 2:39 am | Permalink

Hey,

I’m trying to use your plugin with Brian’s Threaded Comments. It seems that I will need to edit paged-comments.php. Can you tell me how I can do this? I have very little knowledge in these kind of things.

22. Posted 13 October 2005 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Keyvan, I’ve merged your paged comments plugin and Brian’s threaded comments plugin here: http://gleamynode.net/wordpress/archives/106

I hope this can help ppl who encountered the same issue.

23. Posted 14 October 2005 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Hi Keyvan, thanks for the great plugin. I’m using a WP theme known as Pool ( http://www.lamateporunyogur.net/pool ). I’ve installed and activated the latest version of your plugin. I’ve edited the necessary phps, replacing the call function just as in point 4 and 5 above. I’ve not edited the CSS. Please click here http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3892/poolpcproblems9mo.jpg to see what my problems are. I’ll sum up my problems in words as well:

1) the comment entry box is way off.
    2) the posted comments have lost the original format of the Pool Theme. Original theme has alternating grey/darkgrey box.
    3) The comment post number position: i wish to have it at the top right corner of the posted comment box.
    4) i wish to retain the original theme elabarotion on some XHTML instructions below the comment entry box.

I’ve tested it on both Firefox 1.0.7 and IE 6.0, and both gave the same result.

Since i’ve not touch the theme’s CSS, i’ve cut and pasted the Comments components of the CSS for you to examine:

#commentlist {
    div.comment-number {
        float: right;
        color: #999;
        width: 40px;
        text-align: right;
    }

If only you can download the Pool theme and try to edit it such that your plugin will work perfectly with it, that will be really great! If otherwise, i would still appreciate if you can edit the css as you see above, such that all my problems could be rectified… Thanks for your time and effort! I hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.

24. Posted 14 October 2005 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Hi Gio, I’ll try and create a paged comments template for that theme (it appears to be a popular one). Hopefully tomorrow, but could be later.

25. Posted 14 October 2005 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Gio, the comments-paged.php for the Pool theme is available here: http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/paged-comments/trunk/themes/pool/. You’ll need to add the additional CSS (found in the readme.txt file) to your style.css if you want to display the comment numbers on the top right corner. You can see it working here: http://www.keyvan.net/wordpress-testbed/?p=3#comments

26. Posted 14 October 2005 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Dear Keyvan, thanks for the great support and implementation! Everything works smoothly, it’s clean as a whistle. I’ll be spreading the word to all Pool theme users. Cheers mate!

27. Posted 16 October 2005 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Sorry Keyvan, another problem. I’ve implemented the fancy url to “true”. But the new permalinks for the comments don;t work. I will get redirected to my home page, with a “Not Found, Error 404″. I have permalink on at my site, and it works perfectly. I’ve only had problems with your fancy url not working. I’ve added the 2 lines after “#end wordpress” in .htaccess. This is how my .htaccess looks like now:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://giolovesgod.com/.*$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://giolovesgod.com$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.giolovesgod.com/.*$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.giolovesgod.com$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://images.google.com*/.*$      [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://images.google.com*$      [NC]
    RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/925/nohotlinking1sq.gif [R,NC]
    # BEGIN WordPress
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [S=59]
    RewriteRule ^(guestbook)/trackback/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&tb=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(guestbook)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(guestbook)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(guestbook)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(guestbook)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(about)/trackback/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&tb=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(about)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(about)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(about)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(about)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(gallery)/trackback/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&tb=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(gallery)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(gallery)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(gallery)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(gallery)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(links)/trackback/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&tb=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(links)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(links)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(links)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(links)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?pagename=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?&feed=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?&feed=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?&paged=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^comments/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?&feed=$1&withcomments=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^comments/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?&feed=$1&withcomments=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^comments/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?&paged=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^search/(.+)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?s=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^search/(.+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?s=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^search/(.+)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?s=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^search/(.+)/?$ /index.php?s=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^category/(.+)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^category/(.+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^category/(.+)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^category/(.+)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^author/([^/]+)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?author_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^author/([^/]+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?author_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^author/([^/]+)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?author_name=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^author/([^/]+)/?$ /index.php?author_name=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&feed=$4 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&feed=$4 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&paged=$4 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&feed=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&feed=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&paged=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?year=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?year=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/?$ /index.php?year=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/([^/]+)/trackback/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&name=$2&tb=1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/([^/]+)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&name=$2&feed=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/([^/]+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&name=$2&feed=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/([^/]+)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&name=$2&paged=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/([^/]+)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&name=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1&paged=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/?$ /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA,L]
    # END WordPress
    RewriteRule ^(.+/)comment-page-([0-9]+)/?$ $1?cp=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.+/)all-comments/?$ $1?cp=all [QSA,L]

think you can help? cheers!

28. snoogly
    Posted 27 October 2005 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Is there a way to automatically clear the Name and Mail input text area after the comment is submitted? For privacy I need that infor to be cleared after submission.

29. Posted 3 November 2005 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

How do you get the comments to all be displayed automatically on this page instead of forcing the user to click the usual ‘comments link’ to see them?

I’ve been trying to find out how to do that on my site for days now with no luck…

Help?

30. Posted 3 November 2005 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Lonnie, I’m not quite sure I understand your question. As far as I know most WordPress themes will display all comments associated with a post (or page) when that post (or page) is viewed on its own. So I’m not doing anything special to display comments on this page, you’re simply viewing a single entry. I think the comments link only appears when you’re viewing a number of posts (e.g. the latest posts displayed on the homepage). Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your question.

31. Posted 3 November 2005 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Snoogly, I’m sure there must be an easier way to do this (maybe even through the admin interface), but here’s one solution: Open the comments-paged.php template file you’re using and remove the PHP code from the value attribute of the input elements. (I’ve highlighted the relevant code to remove from the snippet below.)

<p><input type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php
      echo $comment_author; ?>" size="22" tabindex="1" />
    <label for="author"><small>Name <?php
      if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label></p>
    <p><input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php
      echo $comment_author_email; ?>" size="22" tabindex="2" />
    <label for="email"><small>Mail (will not be published) <?php
      if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label></p>
    <p><input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php
      echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />
    <label for="url"><small>Website</small></label></p>
  32. Posted 3 November 2005 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

Gio, sorry for the late reply. I’m afraid I don’t know why you’re having problems with fancy URL enabled. You should only be getting 404 if the rewrite rules aren’t working, but you say the WP generated rules are working. Have you checked to make sure WP isn’t overwriting the plugin’s rules you’ve manually added when it’s updating the htaccess file?

33. Snoogly
    Posted 5 November 2005 at 12:29 am | Permalink

Thanks! That works perfectly, and was VERY easy to do. Other suggestions I have seen were much more complicated.

I have another question: I don’t need visitors to enter their Website, but I would like them to enter their student ID number (this is a site for university students). Is it possible for users to enter their ID number into the Website field, and then make that field required?

34. Posted 8 November 2005 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Nice plugin. Thanks!

35. Posted 11 November 2005 at 1:57 am | Permalink

Thank you SO MUCH for this plugin! It worked perfectly, and was a breeze to modify to fit my template. You can see it in action here:

36. Posted 14 November 2005 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Problem:
    I have my comments set to descending order. The problem with this is if I have 8 total comments, page 1 will have 3 comments, and page 2 will have 5.

Is it possible to have an option (or hack) to reverse this? So that page 1 of comments will always be full (5) and page 2 will have 3 comments, and back fill from there?

37. Posted 14 November 2005 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Steve, this issue has already been raised. I responded saying I’d try and include an option to enable the alternate behaviour. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance yet, but as it’s now the single most requested feature (2 requests!) :) I’ll try to release something in the next few days.

38. Posted 15 November 2005 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

The mob has spoken! :)
    Thanks so much for addressing this Keyvan, I look forward to the new version.

39. Posted 26 November 2005 at 2:04 am | Permalink

Steve, the new version is now available. I had so much on I couldn’t get it done sooner. You can either download the new paged-comments.php file (making sure you copy over your current configuration) or copy and paste the minor changes into your existing paged-comments.php file.

If you do get a chance to try it, let me know if it works okay. Thanks.

40. Steve Weintraub
    Posted 27 November 2005 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

It works perfectly, thanks so much.

41. mary
    Posted 9 December 2005 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Nice plugin. Thanks!

42. Posted 12 December 2005 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

I installed the plug-in and it was working well for all the test comments I posted, except for the fact that when I posted the 11th comment, the last ten disappeared and there was no page number visible through which the previous comments could be accessed. The number of responses, etc. was all there but the previous comments that had be relegated to another page were simply not accessible as there was no comments page number visible. I have disabled the plug-in on my site for now but would really like to have it for my Guest Book.

Could you please tell me what is the code for comment page number and where does it reside?

Thank you.

43. Posted 12 December 2005 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Taimur, the comments-paged.php template file pulls in the page numbers. Here’s a snippet from comments-paged.php (taken from the plugin’s /themes/default/ folder):

<!-- Comment page numbers -->
    <?php if ($paged_comments->pager->num_pages() > 1): ?>
    <p class="comment-page-numbers"><?php _e("Pages:");?><?php
    paged_comments_print_pages(); ?></p>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <!-- End comment page numbers -->

The best thing to do is enable the plugin, load up the page you’re expecting the page numbers to appear on, and look through the HTML source for the page numbers.

Let me know if you’re still having problems with the plugin.

44. Posted 12 December 2005 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Left that last comment unfinished, sorry. If you do find the page number in the HTML source, but they don’t appear when you’ve viewing the page, then the theme you’re using probably has CSS rules affecting the display of the page numbers. If that’s the case, let me know what theme you’re using and I’ll take a closer look.

45. Posted 12 December 2005 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes, the code you mentioned exists in the comments-paged.php file.

I have enabled the plug-in again and made 12 test posts on this page: http://www.sarangi.info/archives/91

The descending order of posts has been put into effect by the plug-in but the page numbers do not appear.

46. Posted 12 December 2005 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Taimur, I don’t have much time to look into this now. Will try and see what the problem is tonight. I had a quick look at your page’s HTML source and it does not include the page numbers (so no CSS interference). Are you sure you’ve followed all the installation steps? If you are using one of my bundled templates your HTML source should include the comment numbers. I’ll have another look tonight.

47. Posted 12 December 2005 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

I am also using the static frontpage plug-in by Semiologic. Do you think that could interfere with comment page numbers?

Anyway, thank you very much for your time. I hope I can find an easy solution with your help. Otherwise, please don’t waste too much time on my case.

Warm regards,
    Taimur.

48. Posted 13 December 2005 at 1:52 am | Permalink

I use the Default Kubrick theme and did not want this text to appear on my posts pages:

“This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 16th, 2005 at 12:00 pm and is filed under Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Edit this entry.”

So I excluded the following script from my single.php file:

This entry was posted
    post_date) - (60*120)); echo time_since($entry_datetime); echo ' ago'; */ ?>
    on at and is filed under .
    You can follow any responses to this entry through the feed.
    comment_status) && ('open' == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Both Comments and Pings are open ?>
    You can <a href="#respond" rel="nofollow">leave a response</a>, or <a>" rel="trackback">trackback</a> from your own site.
    comment_status) && ('open' == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Only Pings are Open ?>
    Responses are currently closed, but you can <a> " rel="trackback">trackback</a> from your own site.
    comment_status) && !('open' == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Comments are open, Pings are not ?>
    You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
    comment_status) && !('open' == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Neither Comments, nor Pings are open ?>
    Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Not only did the above-mentioned text disappear as desired, the paged comment fuction with all the page and comment numbers, etc. started to work normally for me as well. I don’t know why that happened but it did, and I am very happy. Thank you for this excellent plug-in!

49. Posted 13 December 2005 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Hi Taimur, I have to admit I’m still a bit baffled as to why it wasn’t working before. It could be that the other plugin was interfering and caching the page – preventing the display of the dynamically generated comment page number – but I really can’t be sure until I try it. I’m glad you’ve managed to get it to work. If you experience any other strange problems, let me know and I’ll try running the two plugins side-by-side myself to see what it could be. Thanks for the update!

50. Posted 13 December 2005 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Yes, it’s working well now:

Using the Static Frontpage plug-in by Semiologic is not a problem as I even tried turing it on and off to no avail, and am using it still. The paged comments plug-in started working normally only when I deleted the script from the single.php for quite another reason (mentioned in my last response) – mere coincidence it was…

281 Trackbacks

1. […] and normally not visible, even through the admin interface. I’ve also installed the Paged Comments plugin by Keyvan Minoukadeh. This plugin is different from the above p […]

2. By geeksmakemehot.com » GuestBook Comments on 12 June 2005 at 11:54 pm

[…] very day, I decided my Guestbook was getting a little lengthy. I found a great new plugin Paged Comments. WordPress Paged Comments is a plugin for WordPress 1.5 to allow comment paging. Usef […]

3. By Blooming Town » Plugin: Paged-Comments on 17 June 2005 at 7:28 pm

[…] 페이지로 나뉘어지는 플러그인 부러워하다가 결국 달았다. – 참고: WordPress Paged Comments Plugin -설치 * 플러그인 다운로드받기: redal […]

4. By Tinyblob.net » Credits & resources on 3 August 2005 at 8:24 am

[…] . I’m currently using the following plug-ins… Front Page Cats Gravatars Paged Comments Post Templates by Category Post Updated RunPHP wpContactForm WP-Grins wpPaginate […]

5. […] 순서도 결정하고, commeents가 많은 경우 페이지 처리 하고 싶은 경우 WordPress Paged Comments Plugin을 다운로드 받는다. 이렇게 했지비~
    Entry Filed unde […]

6. By Threaded Comment + Paged Comment at . 0 8 2 N e T . on 14 September 2005 at 5:43 am

[…] 옮겨오면서 방명록을 하나 만들어보려고 사방 팔방을 돌아다니던중… 두가지 플러그 인을 발견하고 이제 됬구만~ 안심을 했는데…전혀?? 없으니.. 혼자 해결할 능력이 안되는 저로서 막막하기만 하다는… ;( 초보적인 생각으로 고민해본 결과는… paged 플러그인이 thread된갯수는 무시하고 메인(母)이 되는 코멘트의 갯수만 인식하게 할 수 있다면… 그러니까 메인이 되는 코멘트 갯수만 5개이고 그 5개의 코멘트에해도.. 그냥 한 페이지에 표시되게만 할 수 있다면, 문제는 해결 되는것… 물론.. 생각만으로 끝… 더 이상 생각을 발전시키거나 실행에불가능… ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ P.S. 혹시라도 힌트가 될만한 사항이 있으시면 찔러주세요~~;)   #     […]

7. By gt.grf » Blog Archive » gt.Candy on 15 September 2005 at 8:03 pm

[…] Paged Comments plugin을 guestbook에 사용 […]

8. By 8 Seconden » Paged Comments on 25 September 2005 at 11:15 am

[…] Heb je een blog waar bij sommige posts het aantal reacties enorm oploopt? Dan is de Paged Comments plugin de oplossing. Deze plugin zorgt ervoor dat de reacties netjes verdeeld worden over verschillende pagina’s, zodat niet alleen de pagina sneller laadt, maar ook je bandbreedte kosten beperkt blijven. […]

9. […] moyism informed me of WordPress plugin that allows you to have paged comments. I installed it and fiddled around with it until it looked similar to the old style. So comments are now shown 20 to a page. I actually wouldn’t have considered using this plugin if last week’s GSD final episode post hadn’t gone over 100 comments. Anyway, if you experience any types of problems, leave a comment or send me an email. […]

10. […] Don’t know if I would ever put a Guestbook on my blog, but I’m seriously considering using the WordPress Paged Comments Plugin, since many page already have a lot of comments. […]

11. […] Several plugins that might be useful if my post readership increases by several orders of magnitude: 1) WordPress Email Notification. If readership includes non-blogophiles who don’t know an RSS feed from a pig trough. http://watershedstudio.com/portfolio/software/wp-email-notification.ht ml 2) Subscribe to Comments. Allows readers to subscribe to the comments of a post by email, and manage their subscriptions. Ditto to previous for comments. http://www.scriptygoddess.com/archives/2004/06/03/wp-subscribe-to-comm ents/ 3) Paged Comments. Allows comments to be split across multiple pages. http://www.keyvan.net/code/paged-comments/ […]

12. […] Paged Comments – very sueful if you have entries with hundreds or even thousands of comments. […]

13. By Technical Assistance Request! - Pop Occulture on 12 January 2006 at 1:49 am

[…] Overall, it’s probably not the world’s hardest plugin to build, especially since you might be able to re-purpose some of the code from Keyvan’s paged comments plugin (which is sort of similar, but not quite). If there’s anybody who’d like to help a brother out with this, let me know. I don’t really have any money to throw at you, thanks to my upcoming move. But maybe we could trade a little bit of freelance design, or some kind of other arrangement. Or you could do it just cause you like me so much and want to help a brother out. That works too! Either way, drop me an email. Thanks! Read Similar Articles: […]

14. By BloggingTom on 19 January 2006 at 3:28 pm

WP Paged Comments Plugin

Kommentare zu Postings können manchmal ganz schön unübersichtlich werden, und mit der Anzahl der Kommentare steigt auch die Ladezeit der Seite. Dies ist auch beim Post “Die Eypo AG schlägt zurück“, einem der beliebtesten Artikel auf d…

15. […] Split things up – I’m sure you’ve all been to a post which has hundreds of comments and it takes forever to load. Paginate your comments once there’s too many to load on a single page. […]

16. […] The basic idea has been borrowed (along with a few lines of code) from Keyvan’s Paged Comments Plugin, but the configurability through the theme’s options page and especially the complete AJAX functionality has been handcoded from scratch. Especially the inability of prototype.js to handle responseXML has cost me several years of my future live, I fear […]

17. By kk-works.de » Blogdesign Tipps #3 on 12 March 2006 at 3:32 pm

[…] Das ist ein Punkt über den ich mir eine Menge Gedanken gemacht habe. Wie sortiert man die Kommentare? Zuerst den ältesten oder zu erst den, der als letztes geschrieben wurde, also noch am neuesten ist? Schwierige Frage, im Moment bin ich dabei es eher konventionell zu halten also geordnet von alt zu neu. Diesbezüglich vertraue ich auf euer konstruktives Feedback, da es für mich da keine 100%-ige Antwort in eine Richtung gibt. Bei dem Punkt Sortierung der Kommentare geht es mir noch um etwas anderes. Ich denke jeder hat es schonmal erlebt, dass Beiträge zu denen eine Menge Kommentare abgegeben wurden eine halbe Ewigkeit laden. Das ist natürlich nicht gerade angenehm für die Blogleser. Dafür hab ich jetzt ein WordPressplugin gefunden, dass die Kommentare in mehrere Unterseiten aufteilt. Paged-Comments heißt das ganze und verbessert die Ladezeiten erheblich. Bei mir sind mir die Ladezeiten bisher nicht negativ aufgefallen also ist der Einsatz nicht unbedingt Pflicht. Wenn einem etwas negativ auffällt bitte ich wie immer um eine Meldung, danke. […]

18. By WordPress Custom Fields and Keys at Elliot Lee on 20 March 2006 at 12:59 am

[…] I’m going to install the WordPress Paged Comments plugin, found at Keyvan’s excellent site. // Individual posts can still enable paged comments by adding a custom // field: ‘paged_comments’ with the value ‘on’. […]

19. […] Da meine Kommentar Liste im Gästebuch langsam länger wird, habe ich nach einer Möglichkeit gesucht dies auf mehrere Seiten zu verteilen. Durch WordPress.de bin ich auf das Paged Comments Plugin gestoßen. Ich habs gleich runtergeladen, die paged-comments.php angepasst und das Plugin installiert. Ich muss mal noch kucken wie ich die “Kommentarnummer” im Kommentar selbst angezeigt bekomme. […]

20. […] So I redesigned my main blog with the wonderfull Hemingway theme. I stopped using comments on a per post basis, I find comments to often non-topic. Instead I created a guestbook using the paged comments plugin and some template advise from Jennifer. Posted by woordenaar Filed in WordPress […]

21. By Lammikko :: Blogi » Sivutus-plugin on 8 April 2006 at 8:19 am

[…] Nyt on Lammikon merkintjen kommentteihin asennettu sivutus-plugin pakon sanelemista syist. Nuo ert pirulaiset (1 ja 2) alkoivat nimittin nytt jo melko runsailta. […]

22. […] I just added few minor plugins for commenting section of the blog.  I didn’t really want to bother at first but after reading some LiveJournal entries, I figured it’s worth the time. This is the modified version of Brian’s Threaded Comments and Paged Comments plugin which merges these two. […]

23. By katesgasis.com Paged Comments on 4 May 2006 at 4:05 am

[…] Paged comments here at katesgasis.com is powered by Keyvan Paged Comments Plugin. […]

24. […] This plugin is a combination of Brian’s Threaded Comments and Keyvan’s WordPress Paged Comments Plugin. Trustin Lee has written an plugin Threaded and Paged Comments Plugin for WordPress 1.5, but the structure is complicated. I borrowed the SQL statements and functions of it, and made the two plugins work together. Now the structure is tidier, since the plugin files are put into one directory, except the comments-paged.php file. […]

25. […] Gail: For my own use (personal or business), I really like Keyvan Minoukadeh’s Paged Comments plugin and Ryan Duff’s Contact Form plugin. The Paged Comments plugin makes pages with a lot of comments look organized. I frankly don’t like skimming through pages that are too long (That’s one of the main reasons why I put The_Excerpt tag on my themes’ home page loop instead of The_Content). The Contact Form… I can’t say that I CAN’T live without it, but it’s mighty useful when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to make my own contact form for a site I’m doing that’s running on WordPress. […]

26. […] 前几天想到一个问题,如果把某个留言删除,它的回复怎么办呢?结果是回复没有从数据库中删除,但它们再也不会被显示了,这是因为列出留言时都是从comment_reply_ID为0即顶层的留言开始递归。 Brian’s Threaded Comments和Keyvan’s Paged Comments Plugin似乎都没有考虑这个问题。 […]

27. […] Keyvan Word Press Comment Page Plug-in… If you use WP and get a lot of comments, this plug-in is just what you may need. […]

28. […] To use Paged Comments plugin in your WordPress blog, you need to download the plugin from the author’s site. Installation is pretty straight forward as detailed on the site, but you will need to upload the comments-paged.php in the plugin’s themes folder to your theme template folder, where it will be used to process and list the comments instead of the default comments.php. As the comments template contains unique design and format for each WordPress theme, so the comments-paged.php for Paged Comments plugin must match the original theme’s comments template in order not to deviates too much from the theme’s design. […]

29. By WordPress Theme 666seo on 9 July 2006 at 7:23 pm

[…] Paged CommentsZuviele ausgehende Links bei den Kommentaren kann der 666seo hiermit in den Griff bekommen. Es teilt die Kommentare in einzelne Seiten. […]

30. […] Javi Moya, que no es raro encontrar en su blog artículos con más de 500 comentarios, me ha chivado que existe un pluggin para paginar comentarios en wordpress. […]

31. […] I found a minor bug in the paged comments plugin when you are trying to use other queries on the URL. […]

32. By Diana in Norwegen » Test on 16 August 2006 at 10:34 pm

[…] Ein sehr schönes Plugin für die Formatierung der Kommentare gibt es bei Keyvan Minoukadeh. Damit lassen sich die Kommentarfelder relativ leicht steuern und die Anzeige kann verschieden dargestellt werden. Zusätzlich wird ein Zähler integriert. Dadurch weis man schnell, mit welchem Beitrag man es zu tun hat – ist er Aktuell oder nicht. Weiterhin werden unnötig viele Beiträge ausgeblendet, was die Übersicht der Website um einiges erhöht, zumindest bei Einträgen >15 Einträge, die auf einigen Blocks in viel größere Dimensionen reichen.   […]

33. […] WordPress Paged Comment Plugin เป็นโปรแกรมที่ช่วยแบ่งหน้าของ Comment ใน post ของคุณออกเป็นหน้าย่อยๆ เพื่อไม่ให้ใช้เวลาโหลดที่มากเกินไป โดยเฉพาะที่มี Comment กันเป็นร้อยๆ พันๆ Comment […]

34. By Skylog » Blog Archive » links for 2006-08-22 on 22 August 2006 at 7:25 am

[…] Keyvan Minoukadeh » WordPress Paged Comments Plugin (tags: wordpress plugin) […]

35. By Mei Clamo » 사용하고 있는 Wordpress plugin on 26 September 2006 at 3:37 pm

[…] Paged Comments […]

36. […] 그러다가 오늘 다시 kukie님이 방명록을 만들면서 소개한 Keyvan Minoukadeh님의 WordPress Paged Comments Plugin을 다시 가봤습니다. 자세히 보니, 이 플러그인이 방명록만을 위한 것은 아니더군요! 답변이 많아지면, 페이지를 넘겨주고, 답변의 순서도 바꿔주는 기능을 합니다. 앞의 글을 보시면 설치하는 법이 잘 나와있지만, 제 경험을 바탕으로 다시 정리해보겠습니다. (참고로 저는 WordPress 2.0을 사용하고 있습니다. 마지막에 1.5 사용방법이 나오지만, 제가 몰라서 과감하게 삭제했습니다!) […]

37. […] Paged Comments — As made obvious by the name, this plug-in allows paging of comments for those blog entries that receive many comments. I just installed this plug-in this last weekend since I have had quite a few blogs that were just getting way too long and unwieldly, and I’ve tweaked the code to match my unique comments logic. […]

38. […] La solucion más lógica es implementar el paginado con un plugin para el WordPress ya que no tiene esta feature nativa. En efecto tengo probado este sistema en otros blogs y funciona bien salvo… que incrementa el numero de consultas SQL en 20 lo cual se pone a 41 consultas SQL para generar una simple página: menú, post y comentarios. […]

39. […] I also installed a new guestbook using WordPress Paged Comments Plugin. I removed the comments capability for the gallery, news and other pages. Instead of commenting at the news page and subpages, people can only now leave their messages at the guestbook. […]

40. By [bronski.net] on 25 October 2006 at 10:34 am

paged comments

Der Artikel über WoW-Sucht hier sprengt alle Rahmen. Mittlerweile hat er 832 Kommentare und ist, ohne Bilde und Skripte, alleine schon über 1,1 MB groß. Damit scheint wohl über irgend eine Grenze gestoßen zu sein, denn die Anzeige brach irgendwann…

41. By Marigold » Archiv » Krleš WordPress on 31 October 2006 at 9:51 pm

[…] Pagged Comments […]

42. […] 關於主頁面分頁功能可以參考Robbin所寫的教學介紹,讓網站可以更整齊。但是當單篇文章的留言篇數超過10篇之後會發現網頁越拉越長,所以需要 Comment page 來分頁,這Plugin – Paged Comments 很好用,使用上有點複雜,先來看完工的畫面。 […]

43. By Wordpress plugins I use » Jonas Kastebo on 5 November 2006 at 1:34 am

[…] Paged Commentsh3> Paged commentsa> plugin creates a pagination navigation for the comment entries. This is useful if you get a lot of comments. It allows you to customize how many comments to display per page, in descending or ascending order.p> […]

44. […] 裝好之後有點懶得加上原有的 plugin (其實是弄了好久的 paged-comments 失敗超沮喪的…),只修改了 Fall Season 原本的 intro.php,改成我自己 flickr 的照片,並且加上我收藏的 Quotes 輪播。還有右邊的 About 照片也出自我的 flickr。 […]

45. […] Studieren-Info – Basic template design Mandarin Design – For those who make mistakes Feed2JS – Feed to JavaScript familypress.net – Photopress plugin Akismet – Comment Spam and Trackback Spam plugin Homeland Stupidity – Bad Behavior plugin skippy.net – WP-DB-Backup plugin adahas.com – intouch plugin Zombie Robot – Randon Quote plugin randomfrequency.net – Search Pages plugin Semiologic – Static Front Page plugin WordPress – Code Is Poetry orderedlist.com – FeedBurner plugin katesgasis.com – KG Archives plugin Mingle With Ingle – Link Truncator Keyvan Minoukadeh – Paged Comments plugin geeksmakemehot.com – WordPress Guestbook James Koster – Six Shooter Media Lokesh Dhakar – Lightbox Image Viewer Firefox – Web Browser WordPress – Code Is Poetry […]

46. By Ronan in da house! at Two Minute Warning on 12 November 2006 at 9:08 pm

[…] Eltelt 14 nap, megtörtént az upgrade a 2.0.5-ös (Ronan) WordPressre. Ha már nekiláttam egy nagyobb munkának, akkor egy teljes renoválás is megejtettem ezzel együtt. Így felkerültek új pluginek az oldalra. Most már lehet audio állományokat beilleszteni, hála az Audio playernek. Fel lehet iratkozni és emailben értesítést kapni a hozzászólásokról, ez a Subscribe To Comments pluginnek köszönhető. Végül pedig a reklámoknál lévő 178 hozzászólás lapokra bontását is megodottam a Paged Commentsel. Ezen kívül felkerült a legutolsó stabil 0.9.1-es K2 is, és 10 hónap után felraktam végre egy jó kis képet is a fejlécbe. […]

47. […] 當然如果你通曉PEAR,基於上面的作法,你可以再自己寫出分頁的效果(或是用paged comment這個外掛),而喜歡巢狀回覆又喜歡分頁的話,可以參考Paged Threaded comment這個插件,但是單純喜歡我………..我是說,跟我一樣的作法,又搞不懂程式的話,這裡有個根據paged comment寫出來的不賴留言板外掛可以試試。 […]

48. By Cambios en los comentarios de Pandeblog | Pandeblog on 29 November 2006 at 4:31 pm

[…] He instalado en Pandeblog el WordPress Paged Comments Plugin que permite separar los comentarios de las entradas en varias páginas diferentes. En los posts muy populares (como los de RBD o los de Anorexia y Bulimia) es muy útil ya que una página con más de 700 comentarios es muy difícil de cargar con rapidez y supongo que trae de cabeza a la base de datos, ahora con 50 comentarios en cada página supongo que mejorará el rendimiento y la experiencia del usuario. Kevyan (el desarrollador del plugin) me ha respondido la consulta que le hice por mail y he podido solucionar un inconveniente que me surgía. […]

49. […] Сегодня поработал немного над шаблоном блога, кое-где исправил буржуцкие тексты на русские, скачал и установил плагин для постраничного просмотра комментов paged-comments-2.5. […]

50. […] Paged Comments http://www.keyvan.net/code/paged-comments/ 用来给评论显示分页的插件,安装需要更改模板。 […]