This is mostly for myself – posting links to books and study programmes people mentioned/recommended during the SIDeR conference.
Books and Papers
- Bødker, S., Ehn, P., Kammersgaard, J., Kyng, M., & Sundblad, Y. (1987). A Utopian experience: In G. Bjerknes, P. Ehn, & M. Kyng. (Eds.), Computers and democracy: A Scandinavian challenge (pp. 251–278). Aldershot, UK: Avebury
- Presence: New Media for Older People
- The Design Way by Erik Stolterman – Chapter called “Being in Service”
- Six decades – and six different roles for the industrial designer by Anna Valtonen (rector at Umeå Institute of Design)
- Sketching the user experience by bill Buxton – first part of the book.
- Design Activism by Fuad-Luke
- Man and Humanity at the Design Academy Eindhoven (flash site with no deep linking – go to ‘master programmes’). Description of programmes also availabe in PDF.
- Interaction Design in Umeå
- Interaction Design in Malmö
- Interaction Design in Gothenburg
- Konstfack (design school in Stockholm)
If I’ve missed anything, or if there’s anything else that might be interesting to look into, please leave a comment.